Clearing House Payment Model
Why has Green Energy Trading introduced the Clearing House Payment Model?
Green Energy Trading provides an option for clients who wish to better manage the price they receive for STCs or to take advantage of the Clearing House mechanism. The model outlined below is transparent in that clients are able to track their certificates at any time.
How does the Clearing House Payment Model work?
On entering an over-arching agreement with Green Energy Trading, clients can elect to place STCs in a 'Block' of certificates owned by Green Energy Trading in the Clearing House Transfer List. Clients will be provided 'Block' identification so they can track their certificate progress in the Clearing House Transfer List.
Clients can wait until their certificates are cleared through the Clearing House and receive the Clearing House price less an administration fee. Alternatively, clients can opt to withdraw their certificates when Green Energy Trading's STC buy-back price reaches a level that meets their cash flow requirements. A modest processing fee applies.
What are the advantages of the model?
- Certificates are created within 12 month creation time-frame
- Certificates are created under current Clean Energy Regulator compliance regulations, there is no risk of having to manage changing regulations if certificates are held for a period of time before creating them
- Certificates are moving up the transfer list whilst clients await an acceptable price level
- STCs cleared/withdrawn from the Clearing House are paid within 5 business days from receipt of correct invoice from client.
A win-win option with only a modest administration fee for each STC!
What will it cost me?
- If STCs are settled through the Clearing House, Green Energy Trading will pay the Clearing House price less a clearing house fee of $1.75 per STC.
- If withdrawal is requested before the certificates are cleared through the Clearing House Transfer List, payment will be made at Green Energy Trading's published buy-back price at the time withdrawal notice is received less a withdrawal fee of 20c per STC.
Please refer to Clearing House Model Information Sheet.
Call us today on 1300 077 784 or contact email@example.com for more information.
Green Energy Trading reserves the right to alter the buy-back price of certificates or processing/administration fee at any time.