- What is an independent Agent?
- What should I look for in an environmental certificate agent?
- How will I get paid?
- What does Green Energy Trading do with my certificates?
- How does Green Energy Trading make their money?
- Are certificates a government rebate?
- Are certificates part of the Carbon Pricing Scheme?
- Can I create STCs, LGCs or VEECs?
- Why is my Assignment Form under audit?
- Is GST Included in the certificate price?
Agents can be affiliated with a particular brand. An independent agent has no such affiliation and can create your certificates for any approved system.
Environmental certificate agents should be independent of any manufacturer and provide you with a one-stop-shop for all of your systems. They should be able to demonstrate experience in the sector so that you can be assured you are partnering with someone who can manage risk. They should also be able to provide you with the confidence that they actively monitor the market. This ensures that you receive the best price and service available and can give you an advantage over your competitors. Your agent should provide complementary market analysis.
Green Energy Trading pays directly into your bank account. We can also pay by cheque if requested but this will take longer.
Once Green Energy Trading has received your Assignment Form which gives us the right to create certificates on your behalf (i.e. you have sent in your correct and complete paperwork):
- We check all the details and then submit the certificates with the Clean Energy Regulator
- The Clean Energy Regulator approves the creation of the certificates
- The Clean Energy Regulator notifies Green Energy Trading
- Green Energy Trading creates the certificates
- We then bundle them into large parcels of certificates (at least 5,000) and sell them on the wholesale market place.
- Certificate buyers are typically electricity retailers who must purchase and then surrender a set number of certificates every year to meet their mandatory targets.
- Green Energy Trading pays you our quoted buy back price.
- There are no fees or charges deducted for administration or handling.
- The buyback price is set at a level where we can recover costs and make a commercial return for the exposure to market risks.
No, but they do have a monetary value. For information on government rebates visit the Climate Change website.
No, they work outside the Carbon Pricing Scheme. The Carbon Pricing Scheme is a tax on pollution. STCs, LGCs or VEECs encourage the uptake of renewable and energy efficiency mechanisms.
Yes you can, however:
- You must be registered with the Clean Energy Regulator to create STCs or LGCs
- You must register with the Essential Services Commission to create VEECs
- Agents such as Green Energy Trading buy the rights to create STCs, LGCs and VEECs on behalf of system owners
- Often an owner will assign their right to create these certificates to Green Energy Trading at the time they buy their system in exchange for a discount
- Alternately, system owners can deal directly with Green Energy Trading
The main reasons Assignment Forms are audited by the regulatory bodies are:
- An incorrect serial number has been supplied
- Another person or agent has already submitted the same serial number
- Certificates have already been created at the address
If your system comes under audit you will need to supply photos as evidence. We advise our clients to always take photos at the time of installation as it can save considerable time and money later. For more information regarding audits click here.
GST is not generally applicable for domestic installations. If GST is applicable, this should be added to our advertised buyback price.
There are rules surrounding GST depending on where the system is installed, so please see our GST webpage for more information.
For further information please contact the Green Energy Trading team on 1300 077 784 or email.